Badam Phirni is a smooth and creamy but low fat dish. This is a recipe that is liked by VIPs and can be prepared in minutes.
Recipe type: Low Fat, low cholesterol
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Rice, 2 cup
- Skim milk, 2 cup
- Sugar, 2.5 Tbsp or to taste
- Almonds, 15-20, silvered and grated
- Cardamom seeds powdered, 1/2 tsp
- Silver foil (varak)
- Soak rice in water for 2 hours, then drain water and grind into a paste.
- Place a deep skillet (Kadahi) on medium heat boil milk. Add rice and let it cook on medium heat until it gets thick, similar to tomato catchup consistency. Add cardamom powder and almonds and mix well.
- Transfer to serving bowls and chill.
- Garnish phirni with silver foil before serving.
Note: If you do not have silvered almonds, then soak normal almonds in warm water for 4-5 hours. Remove skin and chop length-wise.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun