Moong dal ladoos are very tasty and very easy and quick to make at home.
Recipe type: Reduced fat
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Moong dal washed (dhuli), 1 cup
- Sugar, 3/4 cup or to taste, powdered
- Cardamom, freshly powdered, 1/8 tsp
- Ghee, 10 tsp (or refined oil)
- Almonds flakes (skin removed), about 10-15 (or cashews pieces)
- Dry roast moong dal on midium heat until it turns brown color. At this point your kitchen will be filled with the aroma. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Grind moong dal to a fine powder.
- Mix almond flakes (or cashews pieces) and cardamom powder.
- Heat ghee in a skillet to melt it. Add dal mixture and stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. When the mixture is at room temperature, mix sugar well. Make small balls. Add sugar only when the dal mixture becomes col, otgherwise sugar will melt and you will not able to form round ladoos.
Note: You can add more ghee if the balls are not formed.
Replace ghee with 1/3rd ghee, 1/3rd low saturated fat butter and 1/3rd canola oil to make healthy laddoos.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun