What Is Acne?
Women get concerned if they have acne on their face. Acne is a condition of the sebaceous glands that produce an oily substance called sebum. When a hair follicle becomes plugged with sebum and dead cells, acne are formed.
Pimples hurt your confidence, it can wreck even your marriage. A person from Mumbai sought divorce saying he was "traumatized" during his honeymoon by the spurt of acne vulgaris on his new wife's face.
Acne can increase the risk of eye diseases such as inflammation and sometimes irritation.
Formation of acne is due to the interaction between digestive fluids from the liver and the hormones in the body thereby excessive toxins and amino acids are pushed into the blood stream. These fats accelerate the growth of pimples.
Another cause of acne is the high levels of insulin produced by processed carbohydrates in body that can creat blockages in the pores and extra oil under the skin, according to a study carried out by RMIT, Melbourne, Australia. This can cause acne or pimples.
Acne prevention | pimples and acne home remedies | acne in adults
Both teenagers and adults can have acne.
Acne or pimples may also be caused by hormonal changes at puberty, wrong food habits and improper skin care.
Acne can be caused by the use of facial creams or other products containing socetyl stearate, isopropyl isostearate, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate & sodium chloride. They can cause acne.
Don not use oily cosmetics. Use a natural antibacterial, non-oily face wash such as those containing tea tree oil or a clay mask containing echinacea.
Use a natural antibacterial, non-oily face wash such as those containing tea tree oil or a clay mask containing echinacea. Don't use oily cosmetics.
There are many different studies and reviews of acne treatment methods currently being used. Start by using a natural antibacterial, non-oily face wash such as those containing tea tree oil or a clay mask containing echinacea. Don't use oily cosmetics. Do not use any facial cream or other products containing socetyl stearate, isopropyl isostearate, isopropyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate & sodium chloride. They can cause acne.
Squeezing or Popping a Pimple
Squeezing can push bacteria and pus deeper into the skin. Squeezing may leave permanent scars on your skin. So don't pop or squuez your pimples. Your pimple will disappear on its own after some time. You may apply 5% benzoyl peroxide gel or cream twice a day to dry a pimple up faster.
- Constipation is the main reason of acne. Treat it immediately, if you have.
- Drink lots of water to prevent major skin problems.
- Avoid eating chocolate, fried food, and refined sugar, although no specific food has been found to cause acne for everybody. Some may get acne by eating chocolate, while others by fried foods.
- Keep your skin always clean by washing your face twice a day with very mild soap and lukewarm water in a circular motion. Do not scrub your face, which can irritate the skin. The aim of washing is to remove dirt and oil from the pores.
- Do not try to prick and peel the acne as this can leave permanent marks on the face.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eating a natural diet consiting of minimum processed foods will serve as a defence against acne.
- Take B-complex and zinc supplements daily to strengthen the skin's resistance to acne.
- Apply cucumber paste on your face. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Apply a decoction on the face, made by boiling 1 teaspoon fenugreek - dana methi seeds in 1 liter water for a few of minutes for preventing pimples, blackheads, dryness and wrinkles.