Find a list of natural fat burning foods for fast weight loss without starving. Learn about the foods that will burn your stored fat like a furnace leading to fast weight loss.
There are some natural foods that burn fat, actually they burn more calories than their calorie content.
The foods that cut fat are natural plant foods. If you eat these foods and do some exercise, they will act as metabolism boosters and burn calories (fat) at a faster rate for several hours even after exercise.
List of Foods That Burn Fat
Healthy Weight Information
Weight Loss Tips
Calorie Burning Chart
Daily Calorie Burn Calculator
BMI Calculator & Chart
Natural metabolism boosters
Abdominal Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
Foods to avoid for weight loss
Body Fat Percentage Chart
Female Body Type Pictures
Ideal Body Weight
Waist To Hip Ratio
List of negative calorie foods
Homemade Bodywraps for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Home Remedies
FruitsSome of the fruits that reduce fat are apples, blueberries and watermelon, oranges, guava, grapefruit, papaya, sweet lime, tangerines and tomatoes.
- Fruits rich in vitamin C - Citrus Fruits: like limes, lemons, oranges, guava, grapefruit, papaya, sweet lime, tangerines and tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C and fiber and have fat burning properties.
Vitamin C helps the body process fat faster and also stimulates the carnitine amino acid which speeds up the body's stored fat-burning capacity.
Vitamin C dilutes the fat and makes it less effective and helps in releasing the fat from the body.
Apples: Pectin in apple restricts the cells to absorb the fat; and also encourages water absorption from the food which helps in releasing the fat deposits from the body. The antioxidants in apples may help prevent metabolic syndrome, a condition marked by excess belly fat or an waist-hip-ratio.
- Vegetables and Spices: Some of the vegetables that may be included in the list of fat fighters are asparagus, beet root, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, chilies, beans, soybeans, sweet potatoes.
- Chilies: Foods containing chilies or cayanne pepper are considered as foods that burn fat. Chilies contain capsaicin that helps in increasing the metabolism. Capsaicin is a thermogenic food, so it causes the body to burn extra calories for 20 minutes after you eat the chilies.
- Curry leaves (Curry Patta): Curry leaves flush out fat and toxins, reducing fat deposits in the body.
- Garlic: Garlic contains the anti-bacterial sulphur compound allicin which helps reduce cholesterol and unhealthy fats.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a thermogenic herb like Capsaicin that increases metabolism.
- Cabbage: Cabbage, raw or cooked inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat, making it good for weight reduction.
- Dairy Products: Calcium rich foods like dairy products - milk, cheese and yogurt are good foods that can boost weight loss by increasing fat breakdown in fat cells. According to Professor Michael Zemel at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, (Obesity Research, April 2004; vol 12; pp 582-590), a dairy-rich diet with same calorie restriction can nearly double the rate of fat loss. Eating 3-4 servings of dairy products a day is more effective at enhancing weight loss efforts than calcium supplementation alone.
The researchers found:
Overweight people who consumed 3 servings a day of calcium-rich dairy lost more belly fat than those who followed a similar diet minus two or more of the dairy servings. The calcium supplements didn't work as well as milk.
- Nuts help feel full while also increasing the body's ability to burn fat, says author Jordi Salas-Salvado of the University of Rovira i Virgili in Reus, Spain.
- Protein rich foods and fiber rich foods are best foods. Protein needs more energy to digest than fat so eat low calorie dairy products, beans, whole grains, oatmeal, eggs, etc. as much as possible. Eggs contain vitamin B12, which helps the body in breaking down and burning the fat.
Lentils are high in protein and soluble fiber (Nutrition of lentils), two nutrients that stabilize blood sugar, therefore lentils are a great tummy flattener," according to Tanya Zuckerbrot, R.D., author of The F-Factor Diet.
- Green Tea: Studies show that green tea revs up your metabolism, so drink several cups a day.
- Fish oil: Fish oil supplements are a great way to shed pounds. A recent study found that fish oil is great for helping your body burn fat more efficiently.
- Honey: Honey mobilises the extra fat deposits in the body.
- Avoid Salt and Sugar: Avoiding salt and sugar can shape you up very fast.
Note that in order to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume. This can be done by eating fat fighting foods and doing some physical activity. This will help your body burning up the excessive stored fat like a furnace.