Prepare delicious urad dal ladoo or Sunnundalu at home. In Rajasthan urad dal ladoos are made in winter. They provide protein and calories. In Andhra, sunnundalu is made for baby shower (Srimantham in telugu). Urad dal ladoos or Sunnundalu are very tasty and very easy and quick to make at home.
Gajar ka halwa
Kaju katli recipe
Gulab Jamun recipe
Sooji ka halwa
Besan ladoo recipe
Recipe type: Reduced fat
Preparation time: 30 minute
- Urad dal washed (dhuli), 1 cup
- Sugar, 3/4 cup or to taste, powdered
- Ghee, 10 tsp (or refined oil)
- Cardamom, freshly powdered, 1/8 tsp
- Almonds flakes (skin removed), about 10-15 (or cashews pieces)
- Dry roast urad dal on midium heat until it turns brown color, your kitchen will be filled with the aroma at this point. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Grind urad dal to a fine powder.
- Mix almond flakes and cardamom powder.
- Heat ghee in a skillet to melt it. Add dal mixture and stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. When the mixture is at room temperature, mix sugar well. Make balls of about 1'' size. Urad Dal Ladoos are ready to seerve.
1. Do not add sugar when the dal mixture is hot. Sugar will melt and you will not get round ladoos.
2. You can add more ghee if the balls are not formed.
Replace ghee with 1/3rd low saturated fat butter, 1/3rd ghee and 1/3rd canola oil to make the recipe healthy.
Healthy dessert recipes | How to make chasni | Khoya or Mawa recipe| Nutrition facts of Milk | Ras Malai recipe | Rasgulla recipe | Milk Burfi | Almond burfi recipe | Khajoor burfi | Kaju Katli recipe | Shrikhand recipe | Kheer Recipe | Gulab Jamun recipe | Carrot halwa recipe | Sooji halwa recipe| Moon dal halwa recipe| Kasaar Aata Gud Burfi | Besan ladoo recipe | Calories in Rasgulla | Calories in Gulab Jamun