It is very important to pay attention to ear infection in early stage. You can have inner ear infection or middle ear infection or outer ear infection with different symptoms.
You may have pain in ear due to infection in ear. The following home remedies and ear infection treatment will give relief to your earache.
- Rest, let your energy to fight the infection. This should give relief from pain after some time.
- Heat 2 garlic cloves (skin removed) in two spoons of mustard oil till the garlic starts turning black. Sieve and put 2-3 drops of this oil in the ear and plug with a cotton ball.
- Put a few drops of warm olive oil into the aching or itching ear and plug with a cotton ball.
- Make a paste of onion powder and apply to the outside of the ear.
- Rubbing alcohol, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or baby oil can be a remedy for ear infection. You can apply a few drops of dilute vinegar into the infected ear.
- Acetaminophen, aspirin or ibuprofen may help relieve earache.
- Oral nasal decongestants may help.
- Apply heat on the ear to ease the pain. Use a warm cloth or a heating pad set on low.
- Take Vitamin C to help boost the immune system and fight infection in the ear. Zinc reduces ear infection.
- Press a piece of garlic and pour the juice in the ear. It will help to reduce the ear pain.
- Chew gum or yawn to relieve the pain, if the earache is due to altitude change (in aero plane).
- Yawning may open your Eustachian tubes by contracting the muscles.
- Hold your both nostrils closed and blow through your nose until you hear a pop. This will relieve you from the fullness of the ear.
Swimmer's Ear Remedy
- Rinse the ear using a bulb syringe and saline solution or a 50-50 solution of white vinegar and warm water. Vinegar contains acetic acid, the ingredient used in some over-the-counter eardrops. Boric or acetic acid are effective for mild infections.
- Put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the ear.
- Apply heat to the outer ear with a warm towel or heating pad set on low.
- Take a sock, fill it with salt, microwave it until it is warm and tolerable to body. Lay your head on it. This may drain the fluid out.
Note: Try to find the cause of clogging. Make sure that it is due to some perforation in the ear or some other cause in the outer ear. Sometimes, you feel the fullness of the ear due to pressure buildup in the inner ear. If this continues for a long time, then you may develop tinnitus (ringing of the ear). In that case, you have to reduce the intake of the salt (sodium) in your diet to reduce the pressure buildup.
When to Call a Doctor
- Ear Infection
- Anytime an ear infection is suspected.
- If a severe earache lasts longer than 1 hour or any earache lasts longer than 12-24 hours.
- If a headache, fever and stiffness are also present. These are signs of meningitis.
- Infant ear infection: If the child has earache and fever.
- Swimmer's Ear
- If the problem is not solved in 5 days of home treatment.
- If the ear canal is swollen, red and very painful.
- If there is a discharge from the ear.
- If the earache follows a cold.
Also Read The Following
Stomach Pain Relief | Acidity symptoms | Bee sting treatment | Heartburn Remedy | Common cold cure | Cold sores remedies | Sores throat home remedy |Natural constipation remedies |Canker sores cure | Home Remedies for diarrhea | Home remedies for sinus infection | Ear infection remedies | Ear wax removal at home | Chapped Lips Home Remedies | Fat Lips treatment | Grey hair remedies | Indigestion and loose motion | Heat rash remedies | Hiccups home remedy | Kidney stones home remedies | Hemorrhoids home cure | Head lice remedies | Sunburn symptoms | Sunpoisoning symptoms | Weight loss home remedies | Yeast infection home remedy | Grandma's home remedies | Herbal Remedies
Disclaimer: Please note that the ear infection home remedies are only for minor common symptoms and should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition like ear infection. You should not rely on these remedies. Always consult your Doctor for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You should also avoid using any of these remedies if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The writer of this article or fatfreekitchen.com is not responsible in any manner.