Home remedies for acidity are given to get quick relief from stomach acidity or heartburn.
Heartburn can be treated by taking some precautions and avoiding acidity causes.
- Maintaining an upright posture for two to three hours after eating food will help in preventing acid reflux and heartburn.
- Sleep with your head and shoulder on a high pillow for elevation. Place one brick under each foot of the head end of the bed.
- Chewing a few basil (tulsi) leaves to get relief from burning and gas.
- Keep a small piece of jaggery (gur) in your mouth and slowly suck it. Repeat it every hour till acidity subsides. It is a good acidity and heartburn home remedy.
- Keep 1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds) in mouth and chew slowly after every meal. This is a sure prevention and good cure for heartburn and acid reflux.
- Eat watermelon, banana or cucumber every hour.
- Eat a few almonds when your feel heartburn symptoms.
- Drink coconut water 4-5 times a day.
- A glass of cold milk gives fast relief of acidity and heartburn.
- Keep a small piece of harad (chebulic myrobalan) in your mouth and chew it after every meal. Chebulic myrobalan (Hindi names: Haritaki, Harida, Harar, Chebulic myroblan, Black myroblan, Harada, Haritaki in Sanskrit and Kadukkai in Tamil) has been used in India for the treatment of diarrhea, dysentery, constipation, heartburn, piles, hemorrhoids, dyspepsia and liver disorders, so harad is good for heartburn treatment.
Drink daily a 1 tsp juice of harada mixed with 1 tsp of amla (Indian gooseberry) juice.
- Take one piece of clove and suck on it slowly to treat acid reflux.
- Drink fresh mint juice slowly after meals.
- Practice Kapalbhati yoga daily.
Prevention of Acid Reflux & Heartburn
Some people are more susceptible than others to acidity and heartburn as they have problem in digesting some foods like tomato, vinegar, coffee, wine, coke, orange juice, etc.
Coffee is highly acidic. Decaffeinated coffee has been shown to increase acidity to a greater degree than regular coffee. Consuming caffeinated or decaffeinated coffee can result in greater incidence of heartburn.
Bananas have protective action against the acidity and heart burn. Eating a banana daily will prevent such conditions.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Chew the food properly. Do not eat in hurry.
- Do not skip meals. Do not keep large gap between meals. This produces gas / wind. Eat smaller frequent meals.
- Avoid fried foods, pickles, tomato sauce and ketchup, mustard, hot spicy foods, vinegar, chocolates, excessive tea or coffee, peppermint, spearmint, citrus fruits or juices, carbonated beverages, etc.
- Avoid raw salad of vegetables like onion, cabbage, radish and peppers.
- Avoid unripe high pectin fruits, such as unripe apple. But ripe apple such as delicious apple or fuji apple may help.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses daily.
- Take a mixture of 2 tsp of natural apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp raw honey in a glass of water before meals.
- Stop smoking and cut down on alcohol.
- Do not eat just before going to bed.
Also Read The Following
Stomach Pain Relief | Acidity symptoms | Bee sting treatment | Heartburn Remedy | Common cold cure | Cold sores remedies | Sores throat home remedy |Natural constipation remedies |Canker sores cure | Home Remedies for diarrhea | Home remedies for sinus infection | Ear infection remedies | Ear wax removal at home | Chapped Lips Home Remedies | Fat Lips treatment | Grey hair remedies | Indigestion and loose motion | Heat rash remedies | Hiccups home remedy | Kidney stones home remedies | Hemorrhoids home cure | Head lice remedies | Sunburn symptoms | Sunpoisoning symptoms | Weight loss home remedies | Yeast infection home remedy | Grandma's home remedies | Herbal Remedies
Disclaimer: Please note that the home remedies are only for minor common symptoms and should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. You should not rely on these remedies. Always consult your Doctor for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You should also avoid using any of these remedies if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The writer of this article or fatfreekitchen.com is not responsible in any manner.